Thursday, August 11, 2011

22 years and counting



Happy 22nd anniversary to the most amazing parents and couple I have ever met. 
You guys have been the best example I could ever possibly ask for, for a godly marriage. Thank you so much for that.
Dad, thank you for always seeking the Lord’s heart, first. Thank you for always respecting Mom. Thank you for being the man of the house. Thank you for being full of patients and grace. Thank you for being the provider and protector. Thank you for being a team with Mom and empowering her. Thank you for giving me an amazing example of what a godly husband should be. I hope that my kids will be able to say the same about their daddy, one day.
Mom, thank you for always seeking the Lord’s heart, first. Thank you for always respecting Dad and trusting in his decisions. Thank you for showing me what it looks like to be a submissive wife. Thank you for loving Dad..yes, even in front of me- you’re still my parents so it’s still gross, but your marriage is beautiful and so so admired and cherished. Thank you for being a wife and a mother before anything else. Thank you for being the most incredible example I could possibly ask for as to what a godly submissive, loving wife looks like. If I never succeed at anything else, I hope that I can be the wife that you are and the mother that you are.
There is not a single marriage that I don’t compare to yours, and of course none of them even compare. Okay, maybe the Smiths, they are pretty dang close. Being away from you guys and under leadership of so many other couples I have really seen what I want my future marriage to look like, yours. The older I get the more I realize how great you are…yes yes I know, just like you’ve been telling me for the past 20 years that I would. I pray that Micah, Jacob and Abbey will realize the same and SOON. I pray that they never take advantage of what we’ve been given and that we all are one day blessed with a marriage that will be as beautiful of an example of Christ and his bride as you guys have been for the past 22 years.
I can’t praise you guys enough for the ways that I am grateful for you as parents. I miss y’all sooo much! Hope your anniversary is great! I love you lots!

1 comment: